New exam resources
Following your feedback, we’re excited to let you know we are bringing you new scales and sight-reading requirements for Practical exams for Brass from 2023.
- Scales and Arpeggios are now shared across most instruments to aid group teaching at Grades 1 to 3
- Sight-Reading has been specifically written as short pieces of music, to reflect the contexts in which players would normally sight-read.
- At Grades 6 to 8, Horn and Trumpet players will no longer need to take a separate transposition test. Instead, we have devised brand new tests that test sight-reading and transposition.
Introducing Brass Mix
A series of two repertoire books to support brass exams from 2023.
Brass Mix 1 & 2 offer a diverse choice of graded repertoire for all brass instruments at Grades 1 to 5.
- Written and arranged by brass specialists and educators, the repertoire covers a range of genres and styles.
- Featured on the ABRSM Brass syllabuses from 2023 at Grades 1 to 5.
- Perfect for players looking for own-choice repertoire in Performance Grades.
- Piano and brass duet accompaniment options provide flexibility for students and teachers at Grades 1 to 3.
Available in the New Year: Brass Practice Partner.
More information will be released soon!